PsiOp Radio Returns with Interview of Ted Rall
About LAPD Influence on his LA-Times Firing
& New Biography of Whistle-blower Edward Snowden
Podcast archive: POR150912-ted-rall-1a.mp3
What motivated NSA contractor Edward Snowden to leak top-secret government documents and be labeled a traitor? Political cartoonist Rall attempts to answer that question. He’ll discuss Snowden’s underlying emotions, the meaning of courage–and what it takes to act when all eyes are watching… Source: Ted Rall | Town Hall Seattle
Ted Rall Among Artists Featured in The Bush Junta
Frederick Theodore “Ted” Rall III (born August 26, 1963) is an American columnist, syndicated editorial cartoonist, and author. His political cartoons often appear in a multi-panel comic-strip format and frequently blend comic-strip and editorial-cartoon conventions. The cartoons appear in approximately 100 newspapers around the United States. He was President of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists from 2008 to 2009.
Rall draws three editorial cartoons a week for syndication, draws illustrations on a freelance basis, writes a weekly syndicated column, and edits the Attitude series of alternative cartooning anthologies and spin-off collections by up-and-coming cartoonists. He writes and draws cartoons for the website anewdomain.net and is the editor-in-chief of the satirical news website skewednews.net.
He is an award-winning graphic novelist and the author of non-fiction books about domestic and international current affairs. He also travels to and writes about Central Asia, a region he believes to be pivotal to U.S. foreign policy concerns. In November 2001 he went to Afghanistan as a war correspondent for The Village Voice and KFI Radio in Los Angeles. He returned to Afghanistan in August 2010, traveling independently and unembedded throughout the country, filing daily “cartoon blogs” by satellite.
Ted Rall – Political Cartoonist
People are asking how they can support the fight against the LA Times/LAPD, and police corruption and censorship of the press.
Thank you for asking! I can’t win without you. Here are some ways you can help.
You can sign the petition demanding my reinstatement at the LA Times.
Write a letter to the editor of the LA Times. They haven’t been publishing them, but they do read them.
Keep spreading the word on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Reddit and other social media. Silence and obscurity are the big enemies; powerful institutions like the LAPD and LA Times count on people’s attention spans being short.
Write to media outlets that ought to be covering this story, but haven’t been. Don’t be like the LAPD. Be polite! Prime suspects include:
Charles M. Blow, NY Times columnist
Democracy Now with Amy Goodman
KFI Radio Los Angeles
NPR Morning Edition
NPR All Things Considered
NPR – On the Media
Columbia Journalism Review
Don’t feel limited by this list. These are just outlets that seem like obvious candidates.
I’ve just lost my job, and legal battles are time-consuming and expensive. If you’d like to help financially, there are several things you can do:
If you’re an editor or know one, you can commission me to draw something, or write something, or speak about something for money. I do all sorts of things! And I’ll travel anywhere. I’ve designed wedding invitations, tattoos, you name it. I need work.
- LAPD Audiotape at Ted Rall’s SoundCloud presence
- SYNDICATED COLUMN: Hillary Is So Sorry She Wasn’t Sorry Sooner – Ted Rall, 9/11/15
- Muscle Memory – Ted Rall, 9/11/15
- Cartoon: Hillary finally apologizes over emails. How about Iraq? – Ted Rall, 9/10/15
- Austin Beutner, Publisher Who Probably Ordered My Firing at the Behest of the LAPD/LAPPL, Fired from LA Times – Ted Rall, 9/8/15
- Dear LA Times – Ted Rall, 9/4/15
- SYNDICATED COLUMN: What’s With News Media Who Don’t Want to Publish News? – Ted Rall, 9/3/15
- Tale of the Tape – Ted Rall, 8/28/15
- Ted Rall talks with UpRising with Sonali … 8/27/15
- Here are some of my LAPD cartoons for the LA Times, Ted Rall, 8/26/15
- SYNDICATED COLUMN: Americans Are Stupid, Ted Rall, 8/24/15
- Cartoonist fired by LA Times after LAPD arrest says evidence ‘spliced and edited’ – The Guardian 8/24/2015
- See new details of Edward Snowden’s escape in Ted Rall’s graphic biography, Snowden — exclusive
- OVERVIEW: About my firing by the LA Times as a favor to the LAPD, Ted Rall, 8/23/15
- Get the Snowden Bio Today Because… by Greg Palast 8/23/2015
- Project Censored/Pacific interview (audio) Project Censored 8/22/2015
- In Brief: Ted Rall vs. the LA Times/LAPD, Ted Rall 8/21/15
- Los Angeles Times Defends Firing Ted Rall, Editorial Cartoonist And Fierce LAPD Critic by Brendan James 8/21/205
Mike Lynch: “Who will the police or the politicians come after next? What editor will they convince to not only fire another cartoonist or writer — but also publicly humiliate them with a damning editorial in their publication? This kind of collusion of power to go after creative people is not tolerable and not what this country is about.”
- Rall’s Deal Controversial cartoonist Ted Rall fights for his professional life after being fired by the LA Times By Kevin Uhrich 8/20/2015
- Why The Ted Rall LA Times Scandal Matters [legal analysis] by Tom Ewing – 8/19/2015
- If The Cops Didn’t Give The LA Times Bad Ted Rall Tape, Who Did? by Ted Rall 8/19/2015
- Ted Rall: LA Times Responds to Charges That It Fired Me as A Favor to LAPD by Ted Rall 8/19/2015
- Was Ted Rall Wrongfully Fired From LA Times? – 8/19/2015
- Three Weeks Later (!), the LA Times Responds to Charges They Fired Me as a Favor to the LAPD – Ted Rall – 8/19/2015
- Fired Los Angeles Times cartoonist hits back at newspaper for siding with LAPD by Sam Thielman, The Guardian, 8/15/2015
- Audio Analysts: LAPD Tape Was Spliced, Ted Rall Case
- LA Times Shreds Own Ethics Rules to Fire Editorial Cartoonist Ted Rall For Criticizing the Police – August 7th, 2015
- Cops Gun Down un-Armed Journalist’s Career LA Times fires Ted Rall – evidence blows up in newspaper’s face By Greg Palast – 8/5/2015
- Ted Rall LAPD and LA Times Scandal – aNewDomain
- Cartoonist Ousted By Los Angeles Times Speaks Out – July 30, 2015
- Ted Rall dropped by LA Times over blog post about LAPD …
Former Fox Station Employee Phillip Perea Commits Suicide Outside News Corporation Building
Former Fox news staffer suicide and Acevedo
Report: Fox News protestor shoots himself outside News Corp. building
By DYLAN BYERS | 1/26/15 10:33 AM EST
Former Fox Station Employee Shoots Himself Outside News Corporation Building
By Pervaiz Shallwani and Rebecca Davis O’Brien
Phillip Perea Commits Suicide
Former Fox employee blames corp for killing his career
By Chase Hoffberger, Jan. 26
Categories : Guests, News, Podcast, Shows, Video