PsiOp Radio with Guest Matthew Alford on Military Media Manipulation
- EMPIRE: Hollywood and the war machine (Video 46 minutes)
Empire examines the symbiotic relationship between the movie industry and the military-industrial complex.
- Interviewed by George Galloway for PressTV-The Real Deal 03-10-2010.
- Matthew Alford, “Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy“, Pluto Press, 2010.
Interviews, Radio and Television
Al Jazeera, “Empire: Hollywood and the War Machine” December 22nd 2010.
- Media Lens, “Hollywood – Weaponised Dream Factory”, October 7th 2010.
- Press TV, “The Real Deal” (George Galloway), October 3rd 2010
- New Left Project, Hollywood Propaganda, August 24th 2010.
- Canal Plus Spain, “Spies in Hollywood” (in Spanish), May 27th 2010.
- 49th Parallel: An Interdisciplinary Journal of North American Studies, Issue 13, Spring 2004
“Celebrating Dissent: Scholarship and Politics in the New American Century“, – Scott Lucas interviewed by Matthew Alford
- Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, “Hollywood Hit Men”, Fortean Times, August, 2010.
- Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, “The Lies Are Out There” – Fortean Times, / July 2009
- Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, “The Deep Politics of Hollywood” – Global Research, February 2009
- Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, “The Power Behind the Screen”, New Statesman, January 29th, 2009.
- Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, “Body of Lies: The CIA’s involvement with US film-making” – The Guardian, Nov 14, 2008
- Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, “An Offer They Couldn’t Refuse”, Guardian, November 14, 2008.
- Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, “Lights, Camera… Covert Action” – The Guardian, Nov 14, 2008
- “Noam Chomsky, Comedian?”, Chortle, January 21st 2008 – Matthew Alford
- “District 9 is lucky to have avoided a close encounter with the Pentagon” Guardian online, September 4th 2009 – Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford
- “Spielberg’s Saucer Secrets”, Filmfax: The Magazine of Unusual Film and Television, July 2010 – Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford
- Robbie Graham and Matthew Alford, “A History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions Through Film and Television”, 49th Parallel, Spring 2011.
- Matthew Alford, “Why Not a Propaganda Model for Hollywood?”, in Philip Hammond (ed), Screens of Terror (Palgrave, 2011).
- Tricia Jenkins and Matthew Alford, “A Model for Intelligence Activity in Hollywood: Don’t Forget the ‘Agency’ in CIA”, Journal of Popular Video, Spring 2011
- Matthew Alford, Book Review: Jeff Klaehn(ed), The Political Economy of Media and Power (Peter Lang, 2010) in Global Media and Communications, Spring 2011.
- Matthew Alford, “A Propaganda Model for Hollywood”, Westminster Papers for Communication and Culture, Vol 6(2), 2009.
- Matthew Alford, “A Propaganda Model for Hollywood? Representations of American foreign policy in contemporary films” PhD Thesis, University of Bath, 2008.